Keep calm and just push alongR. Vijayanthan
Prior to moving to Tokyo we had the Nuna Maxx stroller which was a great stroller for us at that time (we lived in the suburbs of NJ and I had an SUV). However, this stroller was not going to work for us in Tokyo due to the width, the weight, and ability to travel with ease. I started to search for a travel stroller and through the recommendation of a friend I came across the UPPAbaby MINU. After checking out the MINU stroller and comparing it with the BabyZen Yo Yo, the MINU definitely met our needs. I wanted to share with you why this is my dream stroller and why it is perfect for us in Tokyo.
- lightweight and portable (14.8 pounds), not too big and not too small
- easily weave though the Tokyo sidewalks and subways with ease
- one handed fold (lifesaver when grabbing a taxi in Tokyo) with an attached shoulder strap (the strap is especially helpful as I can never find the elevators in the subways, so I carry the stroller on one shoulder and have Mila in the other and sometimes when there are a lot of stairs I just stare with an “oh shit” look on my face (for like 2 minutes) and someone will come help me carry the stroller up the steps 🙂 the Japanese are soooo very nice.
- when folded down it can stand up on its own
- angled footrest
- stores in overhead bin of most planes using the UPPAbaby TravelSafe Travel bag (love not having to wait for stroller when you gate check), we usually fly United
- extra sun shade protection UPF 50+ (a plus for Mila’s extra sensitive skin)
- full coverage canopy which has a built-in peek a boo window with mesh ventilation. You can keep it closed or roll it up
- storage pocket on back of stroller (I store a small pack of wipes, a few diapers, a travel size ointment, and disposable bib)
- high end finished and sturdy material with leather handle bar
- stores under tables at restaurants while eating
- nice size basket that fits up to 20 pounds (usually I put our diaper bag here)
- multi-position recline, you do need two hands to adjust the recline. Mila can comfortably nap or sit upright to take in all the Tokyo views
- 3 year warranty
TravelSafe Travel Bag: https://uppababy.com/product/minu-travel-bag/
Travel Safe Program – https://uppababy.com/travelsafe/ UPPAbaby guarantees your stroller during your air travel. All you have to do is register both your stroller and Travel Bag online prior to departure. In fact, my friend’s stroller was damaged during air travel and UPPAbaby assisted her immediately by sending her a new stroller.
UPDATE 3/10/2020 – UPPAbaby was having a une-UP Gear-UP event at Sprouts and since I was in San Francisco I thought it was a good idea to have the stroller checked out. I walked into this free event and the UPPAbaby tech team noticed the frame of our stroller was a little loose. They offered to ship me out a brand new frame as I was under the 3 year warranty. So parents, always be sure to check out your warranties! The stroller tech advised me I would receive an email with a tracking number and that I would need to remove the fabric from my current stroller to put on the new frame, this freaked me out a little bc I wasn’t quite sure how to do it. He immediately showed me how to remove the fabric and also mentioned when I receive the frame I could video chat with someone from their team to help me as well and there is also a video of how to remove it https://youtu.be/57Q4wgOSzW4. I mean that’s some pretty serious customer service support if you ask me.
I had such a great experience and my tech was very helpful. I was telling the tech how much I love the Ryan color as I can easily spot my stroller in Tokyo. He mentioned to me that the color names of the strollers are named after their employees kids. How freaking cute! I’m so impressed by this company and can I come work for UPPAbaby one day?
Some other info you might find helpful in knowing.
- Suitable from 3 months to 50 lbs. Can also be used from infancy in any of the following ways:
- With UPPAbaby MINU “From Birth Kit” (sold separately)
- With MESA Car Seat (using adapters, sold separately)
- With Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30, Mico Nxt, Pebble, Pebble Plus, Cabrio Fix & Cit, Nuna Pippa, Cybex Aton & Aton Q, Be-safe iZi Go (using Maxi-Cosi adapters, sold separately) – I wish I knew about adapters prior to buying my first stroller. We had the Nuna pipa infant car seat (which I loved). This carseat can be used with this UPPAbaby MINU with the use of adapters.
- Folded dimensions: 20.5”W x 23”L x 11.5”H
- Folded without wheels: 17.75″W x 23″L x 11.5″H